How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for assisting in providing direct patient care for patients in the offsite clinic at Dominos Farms for General Dermatology.
- Responsible for clinical duties, such as patient intake , review and update MiChart, taking vital signs, ensure efficient patient flow, prepare exam room for visit/procedure and assist physicians, suture/staple removal, process prescription renewals, obtain prior authorizations
- Assist in determining patient/family needs
- Schedule patient appointments for follow up or further treatment
- Provide routine instructions for patient procedures and treatments according to unit guidelines
- Clean and wrap surgical instruments for sterilization
- Assist with maintaining supply inventory and stocking exam rooms
- Maintain equipment and arrange for service when needed
- Provide for the safety of self and others by adherence to the hospital’s safety guidelines, policies and practices. Ensure compliance with all such safety-related policies
- Protect and respect patient privacy and provide secure, comfortable and welcoming clinic environment
- Participate in the conduct of quality assurance/continuous quality monitoring
- Attend appropriate continuing education, staff development programs
- Participate in in-service programs for the medical staff
- Assist MA lead as needed
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program, including a clinical externship
- Enthusiastic, reliable, compassionate, hard-working, flexible, detail-orientated, team player and positive-minded individual with excellent guest relations and exhibit professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff
- Ability to take direction from multiple number of medical clinicians and supervisor as well as work independently and efficiently in a busy environment
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must have good attendance record
- Experience in outpatient clinical setting
- Experience using MiChart
- Experience in Dermatology
Clinic hours are Monday-Friday with varying shifts from 7:30-6:00p.m. And possible evenings and Saturdays in the future.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.