How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of two (2) full-time LPNs will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for all hires.
(see below for work schedule detail)
We are actively seeking highly qualified candidates who will provide compassionate and exceptional customer service. Candidates should be enthusiastic and patient-oriented individuals who are interested in creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees.
Provide direct patient care to identified population.
Assist and support clinic operations including patient flow, obtaining relevant medical history, medications, allergies, assess and document patient health status.
Candidate should be able to administer and document medications and the plan of care according to established procedures, process patient care orders using the electronic ordering system, manage prescription renewals, authorizations, and assist with admission process with patient monitoring. Candidate will be responsible for providing patient and family education, wound care instructions, and admission discharge care.
Assist in educating and monitoring patients in the iPLEDGE Program and AviTracks system (in collaboration with MA & LPN staff).
Daily process of MiChart in-basket messages, respond to portal messages, monitor telemedicine appointments, and provide biopsy and lab results to patients after MD review.
Candidate will review urgent appointment requests and determine appropriate scheduling timeframe using established clinic guidelines.
Candidates will triage nursing calls incoming through our Taubman Dermatology main line, and will support the Taubman Center, Domino’s Farms, Livonia, and future dermatology clinic locations.
Will be required to protect patient privacy, provide a secure, comfortable, and welcoming clinical environment.
Participate in the development of clinic goals and objectives by attending staff meetings and in-service programs for the medical staff, attend appropriate continuing education, staff development programs, as well as Quality Improvement initiatives to support implementation of change.
Adhere to the hospital’s safety guidelines, Joint Commission standards, polices, and practices through education of nursing staff and other members of the health care team, help ensure compliance with all such safety-related policies.
- Current licensure as LPN in the State of Michigan. Graduation from an accredited School of Practical Nursing.
- Candidate must: be an active team player with the ability to work independently; possess strong organization and prioritization skills; have the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment; have proficiency using and documenting in an electronic medical record; and have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- The selected individual must also have excellent attendance. Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and have a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
- One or more years of experience as an LPN working within an Ambulatory Care setting
- Experience and familiarity with an electronic medical record, MiChart/EPIC/EMR preferred
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Ability to work effectively alone or in a group setting
- Knowledge of dermatology
- Willing to adapt/embrace change and learn new technology. Ability to take direction, work as a team player, as well as work independently and efficiently
- Professional demeanor with excellent guest relations
Days/Shift Hours: Flexibility in scheduling is required. Variable day shift; Monday –Friday; 8 hour shifts with variable start times. May include evenings or weekends based on clinic needs and future expansion.
Location: Department of Dermatology – Taubman Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days.
This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.