How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Applicants should electronically forward a cover letter, an updated CV, and the names and contact information for three references who can speak to the above qualifications to:
Chieu Minh Vu
GRIP is a research lab at the School of Education. The lab supports LessonSketch (www.lessonsketch.org), an online multimedia platform for teacher education. We are seeking a web-designer associate to help us support users of LessonSketch.
- Database management: The developer will take lead on the maintenance and query of a MySQL database and XML files.
- Website management: The developer will work with the ITS Department at the University of Michigan to maintain the services of the lab’s homepage and the LessonSketch platform.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Reliability, ability to work independently and for taking care of different tasks at the same time
- Database design and maintenance experience
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in website design and maintenance
- MySQL, XML
- Basic computer programming experience
- Basic understanding of Google Script
- Basic understanding of PHP or Python
- Basic understanding of LMS (Learning Management Systems)
- Basic understanding of Flash ActionScript
- Experience in open-source projects
Compensation: $23 to $30 per hour, depending on experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
Number of Hours of Work per Week: This position requires 10-20 hours of work per week. More time may be possible depending on qualifications and availability. This position requires 1-2 hours of work each weekend?.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.