In accordance with UMHS, AORN, AAMI and industry standards, decontaminates, prepares, and sterilizes and/or distributes sterile processed items
- Decontaminate instrument following industry standards and other proccessable items and equipment. AAMI/AORN
- Assembles, packages, and prepares instruments/instrument sets and other re-usable items
- Performs sterilization tasks including:
- Pasteurization (site dependent)
- Safely operates and is competent in the operation of all department equipment
- Follow policies for sterilization testing and monitoring and accurately documents including BI?s, Challenge test etc)
- Brings to attention of management any and all matters questioning processing sterilization
- Handles and disturbed processes items according to practices for site (Ie case carts)
- Other duties as assigned
Graduate of Instrument Processor Program including completed externship.
1 year OR/CSS experience
Shift/Days: Hours are 2p-10:30p. Monday- Friday, 40 hrs/week.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.