- Routine postoperative care visits.
- Urgent clinic visits for evaluation of wounds, ostomies, postoperative concerns, and triage of urgent referrals.
- Planning and scheduling outpatient operations for patients with benign anorectal conditions.
- Office procedures, including anoscopy, incision and drainage, hemorrhoid banding, seton placement and removal, drain removal, wound debridement and others.
- Ordering and interpretation of diagnostic testing
- Attending and recording treatment plans created in our multidisciplinary tumor board
- Ordering and prescribing of medications in accordance with statutes, rules and regulations of the State of Michigan.
- Assisting in the referral to various internal and external facilities.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- DEA license required, or ability to obtain DEA license within 30 days of start date required
- Consideration of ACLS certification current or ability to obtain
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- PA experience in Surgery desired as well as a candidate with previous background in working with residents.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.