Work with the University of Michigan Subacute Service to schedule follow-up appointments for discharging patients; assist with the coordination of care for patients at the Geriatrics Clinic; and provide general clerical, information technology, and administrative support for the service.
Work with physicians and nurse practitioners at the University of Michigan Geriatrics Center to assist in the completion of healthcare documentation, billing documentation, troubleshoot MiChart problems, and provide general clerical and technical support to the subacute service. Some travel to subacute facilities is necessary.
Participate in unit staff meetings for problem-solving, planning and improvement of patient care. Assist in research projects and quality assurance activities. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and 2-3 experience is necessary.
- Previous clerical/medical records experience in an outpatient clinical setting is necessary.
- General office practices, ability to understand medical documentation and general knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills.
- Reasonable knowledge of computers and MiChart.
- Candidate must be an active team player and be able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills are required along with outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening and information technology skills.
- Experience with subacute/long term care facilities.
- Associate's degree.
- Knowledge of UM policies and procedures.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
Hours/Week: 40 Hours/Week
Location: East Ann Arbor Health and Geriatrics Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.