As one of the three campuses of the University of Michigan, UM-Dearborn is a top-tier regional public university with more than 9,000 students on a beautiful 200-acre campus located between Detroit and Ann Arbor. We have an outstanding faculty, staff and student body and support a positively thriving work environment focused on best practices, teamwork, staff and faculty development, high performance and healthy initiatives.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn (UM-Dearborn) invites applications for the position of HR Assistant. The HR Assistant is a key player of a strategic Human Resources team and an important liaison to various units on the campus, delivering optimal customer service. The HR Assistant acts as the first point of contact for all human resources inquiries, and serves as a resource to campus constituents on human resources procedures, and practices.
Support Hiring Process
- Post and maintain job openings in eRecruit
- Complete reference checks for new employees
- Post positions on Higher Ed jobs website
- Collaborate with departments campus wide for assistance with job postings, applicants, and resume gatherings (including use of M-Box)
- Assist with Diversity Recruitment Plan execution for various job openings
- Schedule job interviews and prepare interview materials for Consultants
- Complete I-9 Employment Verification forms for students and employees
- Acts as the first point of contact responding to initial questions and request, and directing employees to appropriate resources
- Manage calendars and meetings for the office
- Log and distribute incoming mail
- Perform clerical office duties, including answering calls and emails
- Manage bi-weekly position report and new hire report
- Manage and edit Human Resources website as primary content editor
- Update and edit office documents
- Serve as primary contact for HR Director’s calendar
- Assist with data compilation and organization of campus-wide results (ie, Staff Satisfaction Survey Results)
- At the request of HR Director, Associate Director of HR, and HR Consultants, complete various special projects including: compiling and creating Faculty, Staff, and HR job search resources, summarizing Union Contracts, researching team development activities (ie, escape rooms), and other research projects
- Create and administer Qualtrix surveys
- Review/edit reports/documents at the request of the HR office staff
- Assist with New Employee Orientation organization and materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or an equivalent combination of education or experience is necessary.
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications including all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking and HR Information Systems and reporting; comfortable working with HR technology platforms
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer service focus
- Professional in maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and be an effective team player in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excited to learn new tasks and take initiative
This position is for 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.