This position serves as the senior sales representative for the Customer Experience team. Primary duties involve using solid knowledge of ICLE products and services to achieve annual sales goals and increase market share by responding to telephone inquiries, making cold calls, cross-selling and upselling. Senior representative on the team in developing and training in proper sales techniques and call scripts. Investigates and resolves complaints and provides customer follow-up. Cultivates relationships with large firms as account representative and contributes to product development by communicating customer feedback. Tracks customer questions and answers, as well as checking status of orders. Provides functional supervision and training to Customer Support Representatives.
40% - Serves as senior sales representative for the Customer Experience team by providing account management service to ICLE customers, achieving sales and renewal goals, and increasing market share and revenue by selling ICLE products:
- Take incoming calls and provide service to customers using ICLE’s website and databases, including answering questions, providing product and policy training, resolving issues, taking product orders, providing standard customer reports, and handling routine technical support.
- Takes initiative in outbound calls regarding product renewals, product satisfaction, and notifications about changes, problems, or other items as assigned. Up-sell on all calls, follow-up on sales leads, and assist in achieving Institute targets for product sales and registrations by cross-selling appropriate products.
- Develop sales strategies to increase activity in the quantity and size of customer groups, including recommending and coordinating outbound call lists
- Maintain records of progress on sales lists, including submitting regular reports on calls made, status of team goals, and status of overall sales goals
- Log calls, enter orders, invoice payments, registrations, and information into sales database accurately and in a timely manner
25% - Maintain renewal rates and customer loyalty by cultivating relationships with customer groups, particularly large firms, as account representative:
- Solicit and communicate customer feedback for use in improving customer experience, product development, and marketing, including information on use of ICLE products, needs, and communication preferences
- Submit regular reports analyzing customer requests and types of incoming calls. Make recommendations as needed to manage the calls.
- Make regular outbound calls to large firms and best customers to check on status of existing subscriptions, and to upsell additional products. Be point of contact for inquiries, training, and usage.
- Initiate contact with P30+ firms quarterly to assess and discuss usage, satisfaction with products, additional needs, and coordinate on-going training. Build sales/support relationships. Submit reports on contacts and results
- Arrange for training to firms for the Partnership and Online Libraries
- Takes initiative to stay abreast of changes, additions, and modifications to the website and web products, as well as known technical issues, works to resolve technical concerns to customer’s satisfaction or refer them to proper source
20% - Assign, monitor, and review progress and accuracy of work among customer support specialists and provide training:
- Report status of sales and goals to manager and sales team
- Ensure that staff is aware and are actively offering appropriate cross-sale promotions and current marketing offerings
- Serve as the contact for problems involving sales
- Ensure that staff is up-to-date and aware of the newest policies, sales strategies, ICLE website, and technologies for training on online products. Make arrangements for additional training
- Motivate sales team to reach sales goals
10% - Provide customer training and outreach:
- Schedule and complete in-person training with large firms, law clinics, and others as assigned. Arrange and complete regularly scheduled customer phone training. Plan and attend ICLE events and other venues as assigned to provide onsite demonstrations of ICLE products. Can involve overnight travel, early morning, and evening appointments. Set up exhibits and displays. Report results and make recommendations for improvement.
- Train and evaluate Customer Support Representatives on effective presentation techniques.
- Maintain ICLE lobby area with appropriate products and materials.
5% - Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in sales, including phone sales and cold calls
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in entering data accurately and efficiently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Internet browsers, including use of e-commerce
- Ability to use a complex phone system
- Strong customer service experience and proven ability to work courteously with the public
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to a non-technical audience
- Must pass a work sample exercise administered by ICLE
- At least one year of prior supervisory experience
- Knowledge and experience with ICLE products and services
- Ability to quickly retrieve information from ICLE’s website to answer customer questions
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.