This job opening is for five (5) Unit-Based Temporary RN positions in 9C - Adult Psychiatry.
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level.
These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U of M Professional Nurse Council.
* In addition:
Unit- based temporary employees who have worked 400 hours in a calendar year then become a Per Diem employee and have an obligation to pay dues or service fees as covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U of M Professional Nurse Council.
* Once the employee meets the 400 hour threshold, they then are a union member for the duration of employment as Per Diem.
Temporary APRN employees and MVC temporary employees are not eligible for Per Diem status.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Demonstrated excellence in communication skills.
**Under Michigan Law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of employment or transfer for this position.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position."
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Demonstrated knowledge of cognitive behavioral treatment of depression and other psychiatric disorders.
Hours/Week: To be determined upon hire
Shift: Day, Evening and Night shifts are available
Location: University Hospital-9C, Adult Psychiatry
All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
UNIT-BASED TEMPORARY NURSE GUIDELINES
* Unit-based temporary employee working three or more shifts per scheduling period will be scheduled to work a minimum of two weekend shifts per scheduling period (8 hours = 1 shift). The contractual definition of a weekend applies for temporary employees.
* Unit-based temporary nurses who preschedule two or fewer shifts per scheduling period do not
have to meet the weekend requirements.
* Each unit-based temporary nurse will be expected to work a portion of scheduled shifts on off shifts (recommended guide: 25%).
* Each unit-based temporary nurse will be scheduled to work the number of shifts during holiday weeks that reflect his/her normal scheduling pattern. Temporary nurses should be scheduled to work shifts during three out of the six holiday weeks and one of these weeks should be Christmas or New Year's week. (A week is defined as Sunday through Saturday during which the holiday falls).
* Unit-based temporary nurses are to be scheduled after all regular staff are scheduled per contract language.
* Managers may establish additional guidelines based upon individual unit scheduling requirements
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.