The Northville Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The 2-story facility is located at the corner of 7 Mile and Haggerty in Northville Township. We are seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Provide panel management along with the primary care medical home team.
Manage the Mi-Chart Gap reports by using specific guidelines for identification and resolution of gaps in patient care. Update Mi-Chart PCP, Health Maintenance & Immunizations. Communicate patient care needs to patient and/or provider regarding chronic care & preventive care services. Schedules and/or arranges necessary appointments. Document patient communication and generates letters as needed within Mi-Chart.
Maintains current competency and mandatory training. Attends mandatory clinic and hospital training programs. Actively participates in clinic and/or staff meetings, e.g. PCMH huddles. Attends Panel Manager meetings and training. Identify opportunities for improvement in preventive care and chronic disease care through Gap reports.
Follow written physician orders and/or according to standing orders and protocols. Enter orders and referrals within Mi-Chart as needed. Manages MiPCT report using specific guidelines. Works in collaboration with Providers, Care Navigators, Site RNs, PharmD, Social Work, etc. Enters patient into the new and/or not triaged MiPCT summary report. Update Mi-Chart PCP, Health Maintenance & Immunizations.
As needed assists the provider during the patient visit, including but not limited to; routine procedures, ear irrigations, foot exams, point of care testing or processing of specimens for either onsite testing or preparing for pick-up. Able to confidently share test preparation with the patient/caregiver. Continuously monitors patient flow and notifies patients of schedule or provider delays. Follows specific hand hygiene practice according to Michigan Medicine Policy 04-06-003.
- High School Diploma or GED and 3-4 years of experience.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program
- 1-3 year experience working in a MA role in an outpatient setting
- Experience in panel management including provider registry data and exception reports.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Experience with Adult and Pediatric patients
Monday- Friday with some evening shifts and weekends (if needed)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.