The Comprehensive Stroke Center is seeking a highly competent, motivated and organized individual to provide administrative support and independently perform various administrative tasks.
This position effectively collaborates with program team members to accomplish work area goals in a collegial and professional manner.
The administrative assistant will organize, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner and must be able to handle confidential data with discretion. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong organizational skills including attention to detail. The administrative assistant will work independently as well as part of a team and regularly exercise judgment in the application of policies, procedures, and methods and demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Triage program communication, directing to appropriate team member
- Aid Operations Director in basic program budget maintenance
- Support of the operations director and physician directors
- Provide support to the CSC leadership team and various CSC committees
- Maintain calendars and schedule and plan meetings, conferences and other appointments/engagements.
- Prepare agendas and distribute minutes and materials
- Produce high quality slides, posters and handouts for presentations using graphic software. Coordinate domestic travel arrangements
- Provide routine office support including filing, copying, mailing, faxing and delivering documents
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Schedule and organize program meeting and activities
- Program web site content coordination and maintenance
- Tracking of major program operations to support certification i.e. policy and procedure review schedules, education schedules
- Maintenance of shared drive
- Purchasing of materials
- Schedule travel and hosting events
- Maintain and reconcile P-Cards
- Prepare expense reports using the Concur expense management system
- Bachelor's degree and/or significant experience as an administrative assistant preferred.
- General office practices, ability to understand medical documentation and general knowledge of medical terminology is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC-based computer programs, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, M-Pathways, Adobe Illustrator, and the ability to type 50+ wpm with accuracy
- Individual should possess attention to detail, ability to work independently, excellent communication skills, and ability to multi-task
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with accuracy with demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills, as well as independent thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills with the ability to successfully complete projects in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated record of attendance
- Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and regulations preferred.
24 hours, part time
Monday through Thursday
Reports directly to and receives direction from the CSC Operations Director
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal and external applicants): You must attach a complete resume in order to be fully considered for this position as well as a cover letter describing your interest in the position and how you feel you are uniquely qualified.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.