How to Apply
Excellent service is expected and an internal part of the CVC culture. To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points in about 50 words or less:
- Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the FCVC.
- Outline your service excellence skills and experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized?
- Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to a reasonable conclusion.
We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect ad Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and the courtesies we extend to patients, families and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
- Provide expert skill in coordinating the work of clerical support staff and act as the team lead.
- Responsible for the coordination of daily functional supervision for the clerical team.
- Provides interpretation and instruction for policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintains work schedules and assists with performance evaluations for other clerical team members.
- Provides in service training and onboarding for new clerical staff.
- Participates with leadership team to ensure effective clinical operations.
- Promotes and facilitates positive communications with the entire health care team.
- Ensure support, education and guidance to patients throughout their continuum of care.
- Work collaboratively with call center manager and call center leads to ensure standard work across all areas.
- Flexible to provide clinical support based on workload staffing needs for the day. Lead LEAN in daily work activities. Promote and sustain the ideal patient and family experience in service areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of work experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team or project.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within team setting.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Requires flexibility in all aspects of work assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Business Adminstration/Health Care or other related field.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Previous experience with LEAN in daily work and or quality improvement activities.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
This position will be Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.