How to Apply
A cover letter, resume, and a response to the prompt below are required for consideration for this position and should be consolidated into a single document before submitting. The cover letter should address your specific interest in this position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position and the required qualifications noted in the position. Prompt: Describe a time when you made improvements to a process or project. What was the underlying challenge you were addressing? What was your role and what roles did others play? How did you promote buy-in from the rest of the team? (max 2-3 paragraphs)
CEW is committed to identifying current and emerging needs of women and non-traditional students as well as women of color faculty and staff, thus enabling U-M to better serve and recruit diverse talent. To address those needs, CEW develops programs and services while simultaneously working towards institutional change in policies and practices.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for program coordination including the scholarship program, event planning and front office duties. This individual will be a member of the Front Office Team, working closely with the Program Management and Development & Marketing Teams.
This position reports to the Office Manager.
General Duties across all tasks
- Participate in training as identified
- Participate in fundraising activities as needed
35% Event Planning
- Update CEW google Events calendar with programs as needed
- Plan, organize, track and reconcile details for multiple events throughout the year varying in size and complexity
- Develop procedures and forms for CEW staff to utilize for requesting event planning support
- Coordinate all event logistics including venue preparation, audio/visual production, catering services, and security protocols.
- Work closely with CEW program coordinators and managers to determine dates, size of events, and negotiate speaker agreements.
- Compile post-event reports including program evaluations and survey results
- Review invoices for payment and assist in budget projections for future events and programs
- Work closely with CEW communications team regarding event publicity
- Monitor and update Center wide calendar of events/programs.
- Be mindful of budget constraints, proactively identifying creative ways to save money & eliminate waste through precise purchasing
- Purchase items via shortcode and P-card and be responsible for preparing and submitting associated expense reports
30% Scholarship Program Coordinator
- Along with the Director and Student Program Manager, review the scholarship process annually to determine opportunities for streamlining
- Along with Student Program Manager, determine tiers for scholarship amounts on an annual basis
- Maintain & update scholarship application processes in MCompass and participate in any necessary training
- Perform notification of applicants including both those receiving scholarships and those not selected
- Responsible for annual Scholarship Event including program details, scholarship booklet, and securing & assigning volunteers for day of event with final review of details by Student Program Manager
- Responsible for maintaining, creating and updating qualtrics survey(s) to gather information from scholars, reviewers, and readers
- Responsible for keeping current with the CEW-Scholarship email account
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing communications pertaining scholarship applicants/recipients including emails, answering and routing phone calls, drafting letters, data entry, recordkeeping, and other tasks as needed
- Prepare reports and communications for scholarship readers as needed
15% Front Office duties shared with Administrative Assistant
- Responsible for front office coverage during Administrative Assistant’s absences, breaks, during peak hours
- Greet all participants, donors, guests and visitors, and respond to all inquiries and needs
- Answer multi-line phones and transfer calls as appropriate
- Update Daily Task List with all program-related tasks and dates and monitor for completion (room set-up, sign-in sheets, evaluation, evaluation summaries, handouts, etc.)
- Schedule counseling appointments and other meetings as needed
- Send reminder emails to all scheduled counseling participants, customer satisfaction surveys, and follow-up emails as necessary or at counselor's request
- Maintain counseling appointment wait list
- Assist participants in checking out library books and using the library as needed
20% Program/Workshop Support
- Enter data for program evaluation and run program evaluation reports
- Maintain program filing system for forms, evaluations, sign-in sheets, receipts
- Responsible for printing of program materials, sign-in sheets, waivers, evaluations, nametags, hosting, room set up etc.
- Assist with/lead preparation of program materials (agendas, handouts, etc.)
- Monitoring program schedule/calendar to ensure staffing and scheduling of events do not conflict
- On-site program support for Program Managers/Director/Assoc. Director
- Coordinate info fair scheduling, staffing, giveaways and printed materials
- Responsible for & monitor program registrations for CEW events/workshops
- Experience working with diverse constituents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience planning, organizing and executing a variety of events
- 1-3 years program assistant/coordination experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills managing several projects/events at one time
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate and work well with others
- Demonstrated success collaborating in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Google products, and experience using an online survey tool (i.e. Qualtrics, Google Forms, Survey Monkey, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and respect confidentiality
- Willingness to step in to assist others to complete tasks
- Project Management Experience/Training
- Event Planning experience with U-M/Ann Arbor venues and caterers
- Demonstrated experience using Qualtrics (or other survey tool)
- M-compass experience
- Familiarity with U-M hosting policies and procedures
- Knowledge of University systems
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.