How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the Branch Coordinator position and clearly outline skills and experiences that directly relate to the roles and responsibilities of this position.
The University of Michigan Medical School's Office of Medical Student Education (OMSE) seeks an experienced applicant to partner with the faculty and staff directors of the Professional Development Branches, the final three phases of the medical student curriculum before graduation. The successful candidate will work directly with a core team to strategize, plan, coordinate, administer, and communicate the goals, objectives, and activities within the Branches. As this is a new component of the medical student curriculum, curiosity, adaptability and flexibility are strongly desired traits within applicants.
- Assist faculty with administrative needs for courses that are centrally coordinated by OMSE in the Branches curriculum.
- Assist in developing educational projects, lectures, presentation materials, program communications, letters of recommendation, evaluations and assessments, and grade submissions.
- Develop and maintain Canvas sites for curriculum administration.
- Act as a liaison between Clinical Clerkships and Medical Student Education.
- Provide support to new initiatives within the medical student curriculum.
- Plan, coordinate, and support Branches Orientation.
- Plan, coordinate, and support Branches events and informational sessions.
- Coordinate and prepare meeting agendas? Query and pull student performance information to include in reports.
- Participate in and assist with facilitating Branch meetings for faculty, staff, and students.
- Schedule rooms and coordinate materials for meetings, sessions, catering.
- Document processes and create procedure manuals.
- Curriculum team to communicate budget requests and/or issues. Document and reconcile daily programmatic expenses? Partner with OMSE
- Create and distribute listing of participants to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain UM directory email listserves for clinical clerkships, faculty, and staff.
- Communicate orally and in writing with faculty, staff and students about relevant Branch activities, program policies and procedures, etc.
- Document and reconcile daily programmatic expenses
- Partner with OMSE Curriculum team to communicate budget requests and/or issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities, maintain confidentiality, and work efficiently and effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Desire to work as a collaborative team member, utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity for in-depth understanding and working knowledge of software? proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and Google docs.
- Proactive and adaptable
- Solution and team oriented
- Student centered.
- Experience with event/course/meeting coordination.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and an acceptance of change.
- Experience working with M+Box, Canvas, and M-Pathways.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.