The Cancer Biology Division of Radiation Oncology is seeking a Research Lab Techician.
- Provides routine to moderately complex technical lab support.
- Collects, analyses, and processes laboratory samples.
- Performs a variety of tests, using both routine and special techniques and methods.
- Assists in report writing.
- Sets up equipment and materials experiments.
- High school diploma or Associates Degree and 1 year of related experience the biological sciences.
- Experience writing code for data analysis.
- Experience in genomics, cell culturing, RNA isolation, protein isolation and identification (Western blot), molecular cloning, gene expression knockdown with RNAi,PCR, basic bioinformatics, bookkeeping of experiments and presentations at lab meetings.
This position is a one-year termed appointment with the possibility of a second year dependent on funding. If the appointment is not renewed, the appointment will terminate and will not be elgible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.