How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Assist the Head Football Coach, Football Administer and Director of Internal Football Operations with the administration of the Michigan football program. Duties include but not limited to liaison responsibilities internal to football program; department calendar and schedule development; program phase planning; special events and projects planning and execution; addressing player needs and issues; practice and game management; and away game team travel. Reporting directly to the Director of Internal Football Operations (DFO), the employee will adhere to all NCAA rules and regulations and fall under the ultimate supervision of the Head Football Coach.
- Work cooperatively with the Michigan football coaching staff, operations team, FB recruiting team, support departments and athletic department for the development and welfare of the student-athletes and student-assistants involved with the football program.
- Assist the Michigan football recruitment team with events including official and unofficial visit, as well as all other recruiting events as assigned.
- Assist the DFO with the Compliance Office to clarify questions and get interpretations on NCAA rules, eligibility and matters related to FB student-athletes.
- FB Operations Team member working with Event and Game Management for events and activities related to football program.
- Assist student-athlete and student-athletes’ families with initiating and completing the Financial Aid process. This includes liaising with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Assists in management and integration of Teamworks as a way of creating ideal communication to players and staff regarding responsibilities, scheduling, and other necessary information.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the football calendar - Preseason Camp, In-season, Bowl Game and Off-season Workouts/Spring Practice.
- Participate in the planning and execution of FB Special Events and Projects including the High School Coaches’ Clinic and Summer Camps.
- Assist the DFO with the tracking, recording and student-athlete follow up related to the Countable Athletically Related Activities process (CARA).
- Assist the DFO with the student-athlete tickets via Jumpforward.
- Assist the DFO with all player related Student Services needs and issues (i.e., Financial Aid, Housing, Dining Services, text books, Academic Success Program, etc.)
- Assist the DFO with home and away team travel including the gathering, development and distribution of hotel information, team meals and snacks, stadium diagrams/maps, various contact information and lists/rosters (rooming, bus).
- Assist with the preparation and planning for all post-season games.
- Work with Compliance to facilitate the use of SAOF funds when necessary and possible.
- Assist the Operations Team and Recruiting Staff with the activities, programs and staff during home game weekend.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach and DFO.
- Bachelor degree required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Football Operations at a Power Five Conference.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have a service-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines and work effectively with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and solutions focused approach to challenges and improvements
- Demonstrated ability to utilize good judgment in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures and to exercise discretion in confidential matters is essential.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Concur, M-Pathways, calendaring and email systems.
- Must be willing to attack every day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.