The Kellogg Eye Center seeks to improve lives through curing, preventing and treating eye disease. To perform basic tests and procedures under the close supervision of medical and allied health staff. Mastery of all basic tests and procedures.
Perform the duties of an ophthalmic technician as well as:
- Provide exceptional patient service
- Stock and maintain exam and treatment rooms
- Calibrate, clean and maintain equipment
- Obtain complete medical history
- Communicate delays to patients
- Patient work up: Vision check, pupils, EOMS, Ancillary testing: Topography, Pentacom, Marco
- Contact Lens insertion and removal
- Contact Lens training
- Orders for contacts and returns
- Measure and polish contacts
- Collaborative and collegial, demonstrates integrity
- Respectful and compassionate attitude
- High School graduation
- Certification at the COA level
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience as an Optometic Technician
- Keyboarding skills
- Electronic Medical Record experience
This position can be underfilled at the associate level with a candidiate that has a certification at the COA level or comparable level.
- Associate's degree in health area
- Experience in field of Optometry
Monday - Friday, hours dependent on clinical need
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.