How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Medical School Office of Research (OoR) works to drive, manage, and innovate key research functions and processes to enhance the University of Michigan’s standing as a leading academic biomedical research enterprise. Our marketing team offers communication leadership and brings a strategic, innovative, and creative approach to all endeavors, providing communications that are customer-centric and offer measurable results.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Marketing Communication Specialist for the Clinical Trial Support Office, providing communications that primarily target our internal U-M biomedical research audiences, with some outreach to external trial partners. Activities include faculty and staff communications regarding trial initiation and management, our clinical trial management system. External marketing focuses on collaboration, compliance, and materials for professional development such as conferences. Additionally, the Marketing Communication Specialist will be expected to liaise and partner with other U-M marketing and communications staff, as well as outside agencies.
This position will promote Office of Research capabilities, resources, and connections, with responsibilities across the spectrum of creative including writing/content management and art direction, deployed across a variety of digital, traditional, and event channels.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business or marketing)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in marketing and/or communications.
- Experience in web content creation/management, with Drupal (or other CMS) a plus.
- Experience with enewsletter creation and management, using tools such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp.
- Fluency with Office suite.
- Strong project management, organizational, verbal, writing and graphics skills.
- Self-starter with an ability to set priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to act effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to meet changing priorities
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.