How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Medicine is seeking an Administrative Assistant Intermediate for Saline Health Center and Domino’s Farms Wound Care Ambulatory Care Units (ACU). The primary mission of each ACU is to provide timely, high-quality, evidence-based, empathetic care to a population of diverse patients while also upholding the academic mission of Michigan Medicine through the education of medical students and residents. We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and self-driven Administrative Assistant to provide operational support to the Administrative Manager of each ACU. This individual will share our priorities which include: high quality medical care, excellent customer service, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees. This position will have a 50% reporting relationship to the Saline Health Center and a 50% reporting relationship to Domino’s Farms Wound Care Clinic, which will require the individual to travel between the two sites.
U nder the supervision of the Administrative Manager:
- Administrative support – Payroll, calendar management, meetings and room scheduling, recording meeting minutes, troubleshoot various system issues.
- Reports – Record data in reporting systems, process Concur, expense reports and journal entry, Review and call attention to provider open encounters list, EMR reporting workbench (create, run and maintain reports in collaboration with manager, assist manager as directed with incident reports, financial reports, progress reports, patient letters and other required deliverables.
- Supply management - Supply inventory & order equipment, place orders through Marketsite, review delivery packing slips to ensure accuracy, reconcile statement of activity against supply orders.
- HR and physical space management - Assist manager with HR related duties, participates in Lean & safety huddles, assist with staff/faculty on-boarding access and equipment needs in ACUs, manage phone calls and routes appropriately, assist manager with exam room allocation, assist manager in review of the safety of the physical space, supporting staff with UMHS safety policies and procedures.
- Miscellaneous - Other duties as assigned by administrative manager
- Associates degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, as well as other database, e-mail and calendar-keeping software
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with all levels of faculty and staff
- Must possess demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize, manage multiple assignments, and follow through on job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with others in a team environment, display leadership through problem solving and the initiative to advance knowledge.
- Team oriented individual.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Strong office computing experience required; advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications highly desired
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Experience with MiChart (Cadence & Reporting Workbench), Credentialed Super User desired.
- Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to the responsibility of this job.
This position will have a 50% reporting relationship to the Saline Health Center and a 50% reporting relationship to Domino’s Farms Wound Care Clinic, which will require the individual to travel between the two sites.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.