How to Apply
When applying for this position you MUST attach a resume with three references.
Property and Community Surveyors needed for research project in Battle Creek, MI. The Property and Community Surveyors will observe and assess property parcels, and administer surveys for the Prevention Research Center at the University of Michigan, within assigned neighborhoods based on location in Battle Creek, MI and will report to the project supervisor.
- Rating the physical appearance of property parcels (landscaping and buildings) and appropriately recording values on evaluation forms.
- Recruiting participants for the survey, consenting study participants, and administrating surveys at designated neighborhoods within Battle Creek, Michigan.
- Other duties as required
- High School diploma or GED
- Be able to work in teams (will go into the community in pairs)
- Be able to work without direct supervision
- Ability to take direction and follow through on project
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal communication skills
The Property and Community Surveyors will work up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Saturday and must have access to reliable transportation to sites throughout Battle Creek, MI and there is no reimbursement for gas or mileage. In addition, the Property and Community Surveyors must have the ability to traverse long distances. This position is scheduled to begin in Mid-July to August 2017 and will continue for approximately 10-15 weeks.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.