This job opening is for a Unit Based Temporary RN position at the Rheumatology Clinical Services at Clark Road in Ypsilanti.
We are pleased to share that Michigan Medicine is working to secure a new lease at a local facility to provide Rheumatology Clinical and Infusion (non-oncology) services. This space currently houses a 3 physician practice and infusion center formally known as AA Rheumatology. The practice will be closing this summer and the physicians are in the process of joining Michigan Medicine as faculty. The site is located at 3145 W Clark Road, Ypsilanti Michigan.
This is a unique opportunity for Michigan Medicine to bring on 3 new providers and infusion space to handle incremental activity while we bridge the time need for the EAA expansion. Currently the hours of operation for both the clinic and infusion center are Monday-Friday between 8-5:00 PM.
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level.
These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U of M Professional Nurse Council.
* In addition:
Unit- based temporary employees who have worked 400 hours in a calendar year then become a
Per Diem employee and have an obligation to pay dues or service fees as covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U of M Professional Nurse Council.
* Once the employee meets the 400 hour threshold, they then are a union member for the duration of employment as Per Diem.
Temporary APRN employees and MVC temporary employees are not eligible for Per Diem status.
Provide nursing care to Rheumatology patients.
Provide telephone triage, patient teaching, direct patient care, documentation with follow-up and coordination with ancillary services and related departments.
Provide functional supervision to allied health staff.
Maintain accurate and timely files of Rheumatology patients.
Work with the Rheumatologists to develop and carry out clinical standards of care for various patient diagnoses.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
- One year recent (within 5 years) of RN Rheumatology experience is required.
- One or more years recent (within past 5 years) experience in a clinic or doctor's office providing direct care (via telephone or hands-on) for adult patients who are immunocompromised because of medications they are taking or medical conditions that they have.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal & written communication skill as evidenced by interviews, evaluations & references.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, problem solve, delegate effectively and to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated efficient computer skills while working in an electronic medical record.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hours per week: TBD
Shift/Hours/Days: Day shift; Monday - Friday
Location: Rheumatology Clinical and Infusion (non-oncology) services
3145 W Clark Road, Ypsilanti Michigan
PER DIEM/UNIT-BASED TEMPORARY NURSE GUIDELINES
1. Each Per Diem or unit-based temporary employee working three or more shifts per scheduling period will be scheduled to work a minimum of two weekend shifts per scheduling period (8 hours = 1 shift). The contractual definition of a weekend applies for Per Diem or unit-based temporary employees.*
Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurses who preschedule two or fewer shifts per scheduling period do not have to meet the weekend requirements.
They may add additional UNANTICIPATED SHIFTS ONLY.
2. Each Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurse will be expected to work a portion of scheduled shifts on off shifts (recommended guide: 25%).
3. Managers may establish additional guidelines based upon individual unit scheduling requirements. Therefore, it is recommended that managers and per diem nurses or unit-based temporary meet to discuss specific unit
4. Each Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurse will be scheduled to work the number of shifts during holiday weeks that reflects his/her normal scheduling pattern. Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurses should be scheduled to work shifts during three out of the six holiday weeks and one of these weeks should be Christmas or New Year's week. (A week is defined as Sunday through Saturday during which the holiday falls).
Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurses are to be scheduled after all regular staff are scheduled per contract language.
*Guidelines apply to all Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurses regardless of hire date.
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.