The Department of Psychiatry seeks a motivated and experienced administrative career professional to provide confidential and highly responsible administrative support to a senior faculty member in the Department of Psychiatry who is also the State of Michigan medical director.
Basic foundation in administrative and contractual concepts and practices sufficient to enable the incumbent to recommend changes in processes, to devise and install procedures, and to foresee administrative problems and requirements is needed. Responsibilities may evolve over time to match changing needs and priorities. The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple tasks, respond to many requests, and adapt in a fast-changing and high-pressure work environment.
- The incumbent will perform advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, outstanding interpersonal skills and knowledge of organization policies and procedures with a high level of accuracy, independence and responsibility.
- Serve as liaison between UM, the State of Michigan DHHS, and the Center for Forensic Psychiatry.
- Maintain various calendars of a faculty member by scheduling appointments and meetings along with the necessary aspects (e.g., agendas; meeting minutes; room set up) related to those meetings.
- Composes, reviews and may initiate routing correspondence, graphs, charts and memoranda of highly confidential correspondences.
- Assist in developing educational presentation materials for core seminars lectures/didactics to the PGY 1-4 Psychiatry Residents.
- Utilize technical and business vocabulary, detailed knowledge of University computer systems (MiChart, Outlook, Concur, M-Pathways), and proficient knowledge of computer software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Endnote).
- Use effective communication skills and relate positively with patients, faculty, staff, and others within a diverse setting.
- Manages and routes as appropriate incoming mail and correspondence.
- Make travel arrangements, promptly prepare and submit travel expense and mileage reports using Concur.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of experience for the intermediate level or greater than 4 years of experience for the senior level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook email/calendaring, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial management.
- Basic knowledge of U-M research activities are essential.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Excellent oral communication skills and customer-service,.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment with competing deadlines.
- Excellent team skills are essential, as well as demonstrated computer skills (ability to adapt to new programs).
- Qualities the candidate should possess: reliability, attention to detail, ability to get along with others in a close working environment, ability to work on a team and provide support to teammates, excellent attendance, responsive and demonstrates ability to problem solve and take initiative; manage priorities independently; excellent customer-service and communication.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Progressive experience performing general administrative work is preferred; knowledge of University organizations, systems and operations is highly desirable.
- Experience working with EndNote (or related software), Microsoft Office and Outlook.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.