We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation: and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
Excellent service is an expected and integral part of the FCVC culture. To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached to the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points in about 50 words or less:
- Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the FCVC.
- Outline your service excellence skills and experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized?
- Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to a reasonable conclusion.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to the Cardiovascular Call Center patients, families, providers and team members.
- Receive/assist patients via the Aspect phone system.
- Complex appointment scheduling in high volume multidisciplinary setting.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary, with 0-2 years of experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Team player with ability to take direction and communicate with peers and patients courteously and respectfully at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume area.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with computers and have a general knowledge of office practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MiChart and Cadence Scheduling and ability to navigate between systems.
- Previous experience in call center and/or work with Aspect Phone System.
Days, Monday - Friday.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.