CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Management duties will include interviewing, selecting and training of employees; and salary setting approved by Human Resources.
• Plan, assign and review the work of staff.
• Maintain compliance with regulatory and licensing agencies as it applies to Medical Assistants.
• Create schedules for all new hires and current staff biweekly.
• Coordinate orientation schedules for Medical Assistants and follow up with clinic sites.
• Communicate with clinics to determine needs relative to Medical Assistant roles at all ACU sites.
• Develop all orientation schedules for Medical Assistants.
• From the direction and guidance of the Clinical Nursing Director and in extreme circumstances, will need to travel to sites to assist with Medical Assistant staff orientation.
• Plans and conducts in-service training programs for staff.
• Evaluate the performance of staff and recommend changes to compensation as outlined annually by Human Resources.
• Recommend the procurement and applicability of new equipment and supplies.
• Supervise the ordering, distribution and maintenance of equipment, instruments and supplies.
• Supervise and instruct students and trainees.
• Prepare student and technical clinical assignments.
• Plan and conduct in-service training programs for students, trainees, and new staff members.
• Coordinate the clinical operations of the section or area with other departments, patients and the public, with authority to make commitments within established guidelines. • Supervisor for Medical Assistant Externship Program
Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and fact-findings as related to specific job. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Clinical Nursing Director.
Supervision is received from the Clinical Nursing Director of Ambulatory Care Nursing Resource Pool (ACNRP).
Functional and administrative supervision is exercised over Medical Assistants and may include other non-bargained for staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related health science field. Reasonable relevant clinical experience is desired.
• Experience conducting interviews, hiring, salary setting.
• Negotiating legal contracts with University and outside Medical Institutions such as Ross Medical Schools, Henry Ford Community College, Jackson Community College.
• Experience with visiting Medical Institutions and representing Michigan Medicine by establishing professional rapports.
• Experience with Identity Registration System (IRS) to establish new accounts for new hires.
• Candidate will work closely with many different faculty and staff from the health system as well as outside vendors.
• Clinical Background
• Knowledge of High Level Disinfectant (HLD)
• Experience working with Medical Assistants (MAs)
This position requires infrequent standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring of patients.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.