The Revenue Cycle Department, Patient Customer Service, is looking for an Administrative Assistant Senior. This position performs administrative and office support activities for Director, manager and supervisors. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, word processing, creating spreadsheets, and filing. Extensive software skills, Internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required. Based on years of experience or knowledge base this positon may be filled as an Administrative Assistant Intermediate.
Hours M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 P.M.
- Schedules meetings/conference rooms Managers and Supervisors
- Establishes and maintain Blue folders, complete internal audit
- Completes payroll – (verify time and approve payroll for bi-weekly staff. Maintains spreadsheet of staff time out of the office)
- Assist with staff time-off requests and maintains department calendars
- Works with teams to ensure internal/external job postings & scheduling interviews for Management team
- Facilitates PTO Sell-back,
- Updates P.O.’s and process invoices
- Types of correspondence for management and staff as needed
- Enrolls staff in training classes as needed
- Maintains office equipment (printers, copiers, fax machines)
- Orders Supplies within budget confines
- Performs P-Card reconciliation using Concur
- Serves as point person for department credit card terminal support
- Performs basic to complex payroll and personnel functions
- Completes building wide projects when necessary - such as Key ID office coming here – renewing of badges for staff
- Prepares and processes travel and hosting
- Responds to complex inquiries from staff, vendors and other customers
- Set-up/orders for retirement parties as well as other celebrations building wide
- Reports building issues/work w/Tim
- Covers front desk as needed
- Provided Back-up as needed for Administrative Specialist
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Reconciles budget data for department/Gross Pay Register
- Processes invoices
- Creates purchase orders as needed
- Completes PAR’s as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work in an independent work situation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in the use of computer applications, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a team environment
- Demonstrated professional demeanor
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Expertise in the use of computer applications
- Data Mart
- Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of University policy and procedures is desired
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.