How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 144191 and PAs are directed to apply to job # 144192
A total of one (1), 1.0 FTE Advanced Practice Professional (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this job opening.
- Provide expert and complex clinical care to adult patients in the Internal Medicine Rheumatology Outpatient Clinic at Taubman Center 3rd Floor as a team member collaborating with physicians and RNs.
- Exercise autonomy in medical decision-making and provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to new and established rheumatology patients.
- Manage patients with complex, acute, and chronic rheumatic diseases.
- Perform consult, new patient, and return visits.
- Assess diagnose and treat health problems for patients with rheumatic diseases.
- Perform health assessments, including patient history, physical examinations, diagnostic tests and appropriate interventions or referrals.
- Document patient care and progress and maintain complete and detailed patient records
- Provide patient education.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification to practice as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- DEA license required, or ability to obtain DEA license within 30 days of start date required
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- 3 years’ experience required caring for patients as a NP or PA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as measured by references and interviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and function independently.
- Demonstrated leadership in work setting and other professional activities.
- Experience with a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care
- Excellent computing skills
- Demonstrated high level of critical thinking and medical knowledge by using current medical information and scientific evidence for patient care.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership and experience with coordinating and managing complex and multifaceted projects.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage a busy work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate clinical care ideas across multiple patient care services and to communicate assertively as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high level of motivation to learn and to participate in activities to improve patient care.
- Must reflect a professional appearance and demeanor and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality.
Desired Qualifications (NP & PA):
- Experience caring for patients with rheumatics diseases and disorders
- Progressive expertise in the management of patients at the Advanced Practice level.
- Experience ordering and monitoring immunosuppressive therapies for the treatment of rheumatic diseases.
- Experience working in an outpatient setting (clinic, physician's office) caring for adults whose primary diagnosis being treated is a rheumatic disease.
- Demonstrated ability to perform joint aspiration and injection.
- Commitment to clinical and translational research.
- Experience presenting workshops, lectures, and in-service programs in the rheumatic diseases.
Taubman Center clinic - 3rd Floor Area A
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.