How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care for the patients of the Cosmetic Dermatology and Laser Center (CLDC), and to promote the ideals of the CDLC mission statement. The CDLC provides treatment for a wide variety of cosmetic and medical concerns, varying from acne scarring, sun damage, wrinkles to fine lines.
Direct Patient Care
- Provide direct patient care to identified population.
- Assist and support clinic operations including patient flow, providing general and surgical assistance to physicians.
- Obtain relevant patient medical histories, medications, and allergies.
- Assessment of physical and psychosocial status of identified patients.
- Determine patient/family needs.
- Assist with the procedure; give post-procedure instructions.
- Instruct patients regarding treatments and medications.
- Provide telephone counseling/triage for patients/families as indicated.
Equipment and Supplies
- Clean and stock exam rooms; wash/sanitize and package instruments.
- Order supplies.
Safety and Quality Improvement
- Provide for the safety of self and others by adherence to the hospital’s safety guidelines, polices, and practices.
- Participate in the development of clinic goals and objectives.
- Participate in Quality Improvement initiatives, support implementation of changes.
- Protect patient privacy and provide a secure, comfortable, and welcoming clinical environment.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
- Maintain current licensure.
- Maintain Mandatories.
- Maintain current knowledge of the discipline through continuous self-education.
- Review current nursing and other professional literature.
- Attend appropriate continuing education, staff development programs.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Graduation from an accredited LPN program.
- BLS Certification.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Two or more years of nursing experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Knowledge of Cosmetic Dermatology/Dermatology.
- One or more years of experience in ambulatory care nursing.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-directed individual with demonstrated skills in communication, interpersonal relations, patient care and education, and project development. Willing to adapt/embrace change and learn new technology. Ability to take direction and work as a team player, as well as work independently and efficiently. Very professional demeanor with excellent guest relations.
- Familiarity with MiChart/Epic/EMR systems.
Hours: 40 hours per week.
Days/Shift Hours: Monday through Friday; Day shift; Variable between 7:30 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Department of Dermatology – Cosmetic Dermatology and Laser Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.