Greet, welcome and direct visitors into the LPD Suite. Accurately answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed. Maintain the LPD room management through Google Calendar. Gather, assemble and distribute course materials, teaching aids and supplies. Set up and break down of LPD classes, meetings, and conferences, including wiping down tables and changing the water cooler. Set up and break down of all catering services. Maintain office suite appearance and tidiness. Move packages to their appropriate locations. Collaborate with training coordinators to gather on and off site course materials and instructor needs. Update/maintain course needs (lists/books/office supplies). Assist training coordinators with meeting scheduling, room reservations and minutes. Maintain and receive office supply inventory. Copy program instructor handwritten notes and other assignments into MS Word. Assist in the updating of course materials as requested in MS PowerPoint and Excel. Prepare mass mailings of LDP Catalogs, requested literature, etc. Pick up and distribute mail to staff mailboxes. Maintain the LPD marquee. Assist if needed with LPD special events and conferences.
- Must display a positive and willing attitude
- Must be responsible and able to work independently of close supervision
- Must be able to type accurately
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and a familiarity with computers
- Must be able to take accurate phone messages
- Must enjoy working with the public
- Must be collaborative and team player
- Attention to detail is essential to being successful in this position
University Human Resources seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.