How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Briarwood Family Medicine Ambulatory Care facility is dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by performing clinical processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel in patient intake, information gathering, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for procedures, medication administration, and clinical support to providers, patient follow-up, and prescription management. Other responsibilities include: taking vital signs, injections, EKGs, assisting procedures, collecting specimens, sterilization/cleaning of equipment.
Operate and monitor patient care equipment; set up instruments/supplies in exam and treatment rooms. Provide information to patients as directed and stocking for the unit as needed. Selected candidate may perform some or all administrative duties.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Candidate must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a medical assistant
- Experience within an ambulatory setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Minimum of 1 year or more of Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Experience working within a large complex health care setting.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
This position is 40 hours/week, Monday - Sunday. Must be available and flexible with schedule for Saturdays, Sundays and evening rotation.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.