How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Medicine Comprehensive Hand Center (MMCHC), in collaboration with the Section of Plastic Surgery, is seeking a Project Manager Intermediate to join our Hand Program and Plastic Surgery team. MMCHC is a multi-disciplinary program that brings healthcare providers from various Departments to foster the organization of a free-standing Hand Center. The Section of Plastic Surgery is a growing Section within the Department of Surgery that consists of various specialists who care for people with deformities, injuries and aesthetic needs. Due to the growth and demand of both programs, we are looking to add this new position to our team. This position will have a dual reporting relationship to the Chief of Hand Surgery for Michigan Medicine and the Section Administrator in Plastic Surgery.
This position will support a variety of initiatives related to growing different areas of our practice.
- Develop business plans for a variety of practice initiatives. This individual will work closely with our colleagues in finance, HR, research, strategic planning and marketing to assist with development and implementation of plans.
- Assist with the development of space to accommodate a multi-disciplinary hand program that will include hand surgery, hand therapy and other relevant specialties.
- Evaluate different funds flow models related to new programs
- Develop and implement marketing plans including strategic market analysis.
- Develops focus groups and questionnaires to better understand patient preference and factors influencing patient provider choice
- Manage social media presence
- Update websites
- Works closely with clinic personnel on Lean projects related to improving patient access, process improvement, messaging
- Develops and updates metrics to evaluate effectiveness of current efforts
- Understand market demographics, competition and need for service in other markets such as Toledo, Midland, Brighton, etc.
- Perform various data analyses
- Work closely with our coding specialists to ensure that the Section is maximizing revenue capture
- Assist with template and OR block optimization
- Master’s degree in relevant area such as Health Services Administration and/or Business
- Two to four years of experience in a project manager role preferred.
- Understanding of Lean techniques desired
- Strong background in Marketing and strategic market analysis
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines is required.
- Understand team concept in developing effective management teams
Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.