How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Emergency Department is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to support our clerical team. The successful candidate will join a seasoned, cohesive team of administrative professionals supporting staffing, scheduling and daily operations of the Adult and Children's Emergency Services. Positive communication style and team oriented approach are essential.
Key responsibilities include timekeeping, biweekly payroll, HR transactions, coordination of hiring process, scheduling and maintaining employee records in accordance with UMHS standards for 70 FTE; administrative support including, calendars, communications, projects, reporting, tracking and trending key performance metrics for the Clerical Manager and Supervisors.
This position is 40 hours per week, full-time. Monday through Friday, days.
- At least four years of progressively complex administrative experience supporting managers leading large number of employees.
- Associates Degree in Business/HealthCare Administration or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and software including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as experience with database management and entry.
- Excellent communication skills, strong facilitative interpersonal skills, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and produce high-quality work in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Experience in handling items of a confidential nature efficiently and professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience with payroll/personnel processing, staff scheduling.
- OneStaff Experience
- Payroll and Scheduling Experience
- Experience with eRecruit, posting, monitoring and hiring new employees.
- Proficiency with MPathways
- Knowledge of UM Health System policies and procedures
- Knowledge of MLearning
- Proficient use of Excel, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Health Care Administration
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.