How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Develop, design and conduct complex research experiments in line with overall project goals
- Act as liaison with collaborative researchers within the laboratory and in other Departments, Divisions or Organizations
- Perform cell culture studies, molecular and cellular biology analyses
- Perform chromatin immunoprecipitation assays and analyses
- Perform genetic modification of tumor cells using lentivirus
- Perform in vivo tumor and drug studies
- Responsible for testing new technologies as appropriate to advance research
- Coordinate development of research goals and project design
- Manage phases of a research project
- Oversee the training of new laboratory personnel in performing laboratory techniques, data analysis and provide guidance and advice
- May have functional and administrative supervision over research assistants, students and other assigned research/support personnel
- Coauthor publications and co-present with Principal Investigator at meetings and/or conferences
- Analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action regarding research experiments with the authority to make independent decisions. Expected to make independent decisions that impact research operations.
- Work in collaboration with Principal Investigator on preparation of grants and manuscripts
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a research setting relevant to the position
- Proficiency with molecular mechanisms and therapeutic strategies of using mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), MSC-derived exosomes, and oncolytic viral therapy in brain tumor treatment
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to guide a collaborative team of students, Post-Docs and technicians within the laboratory
- Demonstrated ability to support collaborations within and outside the University setting
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a collaborative team
- Excellent attendance, ability to prioritize appropriately and exercise good judgment
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in a relevant field of science
- Supervisory and teaching experience
- Working knowledge of the University of Michigan research laboratory systems
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, references, performance reviews and/or personal interview.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.