The Department of Anesthesiology has an open position to provide support for clinical care quality improvement. The Research Assistant will gain exposure to the various aspects of perioperative clinical care, will develop skills relevant to health care research and will gain understanding of the nuances of high-risk communication.
Primary duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Data collection from clinical care observation
- Data entry
- Data analysis
- Administrative tasks related to the project.
- Must be comfortable observing medical procedures.
- Must be committed to confidentiality.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized, reliable, positive attitude, and flexible with changing task assignments.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with various levels of personnel.
- Must be available for long-term appointment, 1 year minimum.
Must be available for 4 hour shifts, weekdays, minimum 20 hours per week.
Hourly rate for this position is $10.00.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.