How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of t(2) Two TEMP Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for all hires.
(see below for work schedule detail)
This is a Temporary RN float position for the following clinics:
Briarwood Center for Peds, Women and Young Adults
Briarwood Health Associates
Briarwood Medical Group
Briarwood Family Medicine
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level.
These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U of M Professional Nurse Council.
* In addition:
Unit- based temporary employees who have worked 400 hours in a calendar year then become a
Per Diem employee and have an obligation to pay dues or service fees as covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U of M Professional Nurse Council.
* Once the employee meets the 400 hour threshold, they then are a union member for the duration of employment as Per Diem.
Temporary APRN employees and MVC temporary employees are not eligible for Per Diem status.
Provide nursing care and patient education as assigned to a diverse patient population in peds and adult primary care and specialty care clinics in the Briarwood region. Participate as a member of the collaborative health care team, working closely with patients and their families.
Provide telephone triage and management of patient care, patient education, direct patient care with assessment, and documentation. Assist with patient flow as appropriate.
Provide functional supervision to assistive personnel.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
A minimum of three (3) years of RN experience.
Recent experience providing nursing triage, telephone nursing care, clinical care and education.
Recent experience in a clinic or doctor’s office setting
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and conflict management skills.
Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks, collaboratively problem-solve and delegate.
Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently as well as within a team.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
Demonstrated experience developing patient education materials.
Shift/Hours/Days: Day/evening hours, Monday through Friday, minimum requirement of 1 Saturday a month as needed
Location: Briarwood Center for Peds, Women and Young Adults, Briarwood Medical Group, Briarwood Health Associates and Briarwood Family Medicine
PER DIEM/UNIT-BASED TEMPORARY NURSE GUIDELINES
1. Each Per Diem or unit-based temporary employee working three or more shifts per scheduling period will be scheduled to work a minimum of two weekend shifts per scheduling period (8 hours = 1 shift). The contractual definition of a weekend applies for Per Diem or unit-based temporary employees.*
Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurses who preschedule two or fewer shifts per scheduling period do not have to meet the weekend requirements.
They may add additional UNANTICIPATED SHIFTS ONLY.
2. Each Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurse will be expected to work a portion of scheduled shifts on off shifts (recommended guide: 25%).
3. Managers may establish additional guidelines based upon individual unit scheduling requirements. Therefore, it is recommended that managers and per diem nurses or unit-based temporary meet to discuss specific unit
4. Each Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurse will be scheduled to work the number of shifts during holiday weeks that reflects his/her normal scheduling pattern. Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurses should be scheduled to work shifts during three out of the six holiday weeks and one of these weeks should be Christmas or New Year's week. (A week is defined as Sunday through Saturday during which the holiday falls).
Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurses are to be scheduled after all regular staff are scheduled per contract language.
*Guidelines apply to all Per Diem or unit-based temporary nurses regardless of hire date.
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.