How to Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
The Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) administrative unit seeks an eager, qualified candidate to perform various administrative functions and support to OEM leadership, committees and projects. Exercising a high level of initiative, organizational skills and customer service with an ability to handle a variety of diverse tasks with accuracy are key characteristics of a successful candidate.
This position reports to the Chief of Staff and works closely with OEM executive team members including the HR Manager and Executive Assistant for Vice Provost Enrollment Management.
45% Administrative Office Support
- Serves as front desk associate to Office of Enrollment Management administrative suite and provides direct customer service to students, parents, families, staff and OEM visitors. Answers office suite telephone, screens calls and forwards as appropriate.
- Provides administrative support to Chief of Staff and other OEM administrative unit members. Maintains, monitors and updates calendars for 2-3 executive team members.
- Provides logistical support for committees including but not limited to scheduling, agendas, materials, meeting notes, etc.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office/computer equipment (printers, copiers, etc.). Initiates tasks to resolve maintenance issues.
- Manages OEM conference room calendar and scheduling.
- Reviews, handles and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Initiates and prepares routine correspondence (email, letters, etc).
- Updates unit contact list and emergency contact lists. May update org charts.
40% Human Resources Support
- Initiates HR PAR transactions and prepares HR documentation/letters/forms. Schedules interviews for hiring managers and may assist with creating job postings.
- Provides logistical support for OEM New Employee Orientation.
- Assists with other HR-related committees, projects and tasks.
10% Travel coordination, procurement and reconciliation
- Coordinates travel arrangements. Prepares, reviews and reconciles travel and expense reports.
- Assists executive team members with procurement card reconciliation as needed.
5% Other duties
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least four years of progressively responsible experience providing administrative support.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The successful candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills to navigate diverse stakeholders. A high level of organizational skills, demonstrated attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks, and balance multiple projects simultaneously are critical to success. Capacity to exercise initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, and confidentiality with a positive service-oriented attitude is also expected. Understands and values diversity and inclusion principles.
Demonstrated knowledge of University of Michigan organization, policies and procedures.
Working experience with M-Pathways/Oracle (e.g. eRecruit and HR PAR transactions) and Business Objects.
Previous experience working in an academic or student services environment.
Primary work schedule is M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule will have some, but limited schedule flexibility providing front desk coverage for office suite.
Headed by the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) was established in the fall of 2014 and provides campus-wide leadership in executing the strategic recruitment, admission, enrollment, records management and student financial support functions for the university. OEM is committed to envisioning, creating, and sustaining an effort that will lead to the optimal academic, student, and staff experience through the development and implementation of data-driven strategies, collaborative partnerships, and sustained investments in technological resources and a talented and capable workforce. Our reporting units work strategically and synergistically in partnership with the undergraduate schools and colleges, leveraging expertise and best practices across the Offices of Admissions, New Student Programs, Financial Aid, and Registrar.
For more information about OEM, candidates may visit https://enrollment.umich.edu
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.