To perform physical, psychosocial and needs assessment of Cardiac, Thoracic, Neuro and Vascular surgery patients and Medical Cardiology patients. Determine functional status and initiate appropriate action. Report significant changes in patient condition. Provide nursing care to patients including the administration of medications and treatments ordered and assist with diagnostic procedures. Assess and monitor patient status, including response to medications and therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Identify problems presented by patients and families and initiate appropriate intervention. Operate and monitor patient care equipment. Document patient care, including changes in patient status. Identify needs and educate patients and families about their disease process and the application of the therapeutic plan. Formulate individual care plans and evaluate nursing care. Participate in ensuring patient safety. Participate in health team activities. Assist in research studies and quality assurance activities.
Areas of service include: Usually seven adult units requiring cardiac monitoring, however may include other areas to provide cardiac monitoring
Nursing Specific Info
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C, includes B.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Two (2) years of recent RN experience in the area of expertise.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Must be able to obtain Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within six (6) months of hire
- Must be able to pass the CSR EKG test with at least 80% or higher
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- BSN Preferred
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references. Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Experience floating to multiple units.
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Current ACLS Certification
Hours/Week: 36 hrs
Shift/Hours: Nights, 12-hour shifts
Location: Central Staffing Resource Department- Adult Telemetry Cluster
This RN would be part of our Central Staffing Resource Department in the Adult Telemetry Cluster:
4B Adult Surgical Unit
4C Cardio-Thoracic Unit
CVC 5 Adult Intermediate Cardiovascular Unit
7A General Medicine/Telemetry
7B General Medicine/Telemetry
Medical Observation Unit
CSR Quarterly Bonus:
Regular CSR RNs receive a $500 quarterly bonus, prorated to appointment fraction.
UMHS offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits! The benefit package includes; shift differentials, health/dental/optical insurance, 403B retirement plan with a 2:1 match and immediate vesting from your first day of employment, tuition support for continuing education, a large offering of no cost CEU's and professional development for advancement.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.