Duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist nursing staff with follow up phone calls to patients
- Call outside facilities to retrieve lab results
- Lab tracking
- Ensure efficient patient flow in examination/consultation rooms/infusion bays
- Provide clinical assistance by taking and recording vital signs; enter or update medications, allergies, health history and other key elements related patient care in accurate and professional manner
- Perform EKGs
- Maintain, order and stock supplies for exam rooms/infusion bays
- Ensure appropriate infection control protocol is followed in our clinical area and infusion
- Properly manage equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
- Actively be involved in improving day-to-day operational processes and workflows
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Medical Assistants are hired and assigned to a specific team but may be required to help cover other teams. This may include PHO clinic or Infusion.
- Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment.
- Graduation from medical assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 2 years of experience is necessary.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) credential.
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
- Works well with minimal supervision and possesses strong attention to detail.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing, walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting
- MiChart experience
- Certification as a Medical Assistant (CMA)
Shift: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
FTE: 40 hours/week
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/ BMT clinic
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.