How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Conduct and assist in research experiments: Molecular cloning, cell culture, and protein isolation from either prokaryotic or eukaryotic sources
- Lab manager and liaison for all departmental liaison meetings
- Carry out administrative and organizational tasks, which include ordering supplies and upkeep of standard laboratory reagents and institutional paperwork
- Report writing, publishing paperwork
- Bench work and training of staff (eg., undergraduate and graduate students)
- Maintenance of equipment and safety
Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree in the biological sciences, although other backgrounds will be considered. 1-3 years experience required. The candidate should be highly motivated and able to work independently. Additionally, good organizational skills and an ability to interact productively with others are requisites. The candidate will be expected to assist other laboratory members.
High School Diploma or Associate's Degree and 1-3 years of experience.
Commitment of at least 2 years
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.