Provide advanced administrative support to the Ambulatory Care Executive Director. Responsibilities include high level scheduling of complex meetings and management of complex calendar(s). Performs diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. Prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc. Initiates routine and some non-routine correspondence and memoranda. Screens telephone calls and visitors, and resolves routine and complex inquiries. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements. Prepares and distributes meeting correspondence and minutes. Utilizes the assistance of one or more lower level secretaries on a reporting or project basis. Advanced analytical skills used to evaluate various courses of action while making independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities. Primary activities and decision making authority are predominantly performed independently affecting business operations to a substantial degree. Manages the credentialing process for 100+ Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN).
- A minimum of six years’ experience in an administrative support capacity.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise sound judgment in setting priorities.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or similar applications.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to produce professional correspondence.
- Bachelor Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of credentialing process for APRNs.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.