Under immediate supervision, provides inbound and outbound sales, technical support, and account management service to customers via phone, e-mail, events, and social media. Responsible for demonstrating and training customers on web based products, cross and upselling products and services, and making cold calls. Position also requires performing clerical tasks including standing order invoicing and renewal notices, interacting with customers in writing, by phone, and in person to resolve customer issues, and processing orders and payments in a Windows-based accounting database
40% - Provide basic support for electronic products, sales and account management, via phone, email, in- person contact, events, and social media outlets:
- Assist customers by providing support for how to use ICLE’s website and web-based products across multiple devices. Includes investigating and resolving issues.
- Respond to a high volume of incoming customer inquiries over the phone and in writing – through email and various social media channels, and in person. Includes providing product and policy information, with the ability to perform significant multi-tasking.
- Complete routine account management tasks including running and providing standard customer reports, resetting passwords, updating customer account information, assessing usage and answering routine questions. Customers are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and are provided with accurate information.
- Take and enter orders and payments into database. Cross and up-sell products to customers. Understand and be able to accurately explain appropriate deals and related policies, and enter those deals accurately. May include tasks like package tracking, creating invoices and quotes, and generally explaining the benefits of certain products and how they work.
- Routinely solicit customer feedback regarding their preferences, questions, technical challenges, complaints, etc. Train customers on how to use ICLE’s website, web-based products, and basic web technology. Can include both verbal and written instruction.
- Participate in department processes as assigned related to law school clinics, and other special account management. Includes communication, verbal and written, with customers and ICLE internal staff.
- Serve as a backup for outbound renewal calls and at live events.
25% - Responsible for standing order invoicing:
- Prepare complimentary and author copy list based on consultation with Publications Director.
- Clean up database before printing standing order invoices, including calling customers to confirm addresses and quantity information.
- Print standing order invoices and send to order fulfillment center for mailing.
20% - Responsible for printing, coordinating, and mailing monthly partnership, online books, renewal notices, and statements to customers, and following up with customers on outstanding invoices:
- Print and mail renewal notices weekly.
- Print and mail statements monthly.
- Run queries for the pre-renewal notice printing process and resolve issues with customer accounts.
10% - Responsible for accurately updating ICLE addresses in iMIS database:
- Make address changes from returned mail, includes seeking out information online regarding addresses.
5% - Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service and clerical role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets and database applications
- Excellent organizational, time management, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of U-M policies and procedures is preferred
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.