How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
About the Department
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations drives the fundraising and alumni relations activities of the Ross School of Business.
Serve as the primary interface between corporate entities and Michigan Ross for the purposes of philanthropic engagement. This position may also connect corporate partners with access to centers, institutes and programs, facilitation of student hiring and internships, connections to faculty expertise, facilities and equipment, professional training, advisory board opportunities, networking events and other Michigan Ross activities and programs which respond to corporate needs and interests
- Maintain a portfolio of the largest employers of Ross alumni, or those with the greatest potential to become strong partners, with a focus on increasing the number of alumni donors from each organization and improving matching gift fulfillment
- Grow relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate a robust employee giving plan
- Work closely with each firm throughout the year to ensure they are fully supported by Ross during the planning and execution of their giving campaign
- Prepare grant applications, proposals, status reports and financial statements
- Attend key meetings and events onsite at company location, as needed
- Facilitate data exchanges that allow both the school and partner organization to have the most accurate information available
- Assist in gift agreement review and processing
- Assist in developing marketing initiatives and stewardship programs
- Serve as liaison to certain University schools, colleges and institutes
- Serve as liaison to certain community organizations (economic development, business and support organizations)
- Maintain knowledge of University faculty and research interests, capabilities and activities
- Maintain knowledge of technology, research, and recruiting needs of industry
- Schedule and host corporate visits to campus
- Identify corporate philanthropic opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3-4 years of experience in related field such as fundraising, development, etc. or equivalent combination of education and related experience required
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Team-oriented, flexible and customer-service oriented manner
- Proven ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of people
- Excellent communication skills, diplomacy, discretion, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a high-stress fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database applications
- Graduate degree
- Experience with B2B communication and relationship building
Skills testing is not required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Requires the ability to travel to various locations to conduct work and deliver materials
- The person in this position routinely communicates with alumni about programs, events, activities, etc.
- The person in this position routinely presents information at events
- The person in this position occasionally moves through the facility to attend meetings/events and access files or information
- The person in this position occasionally moves materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- Domestic travel may be required
- May require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.