- Provide direct support for the Leadership team of the Central Staffing Resource Department which is a 24/7 operation.
- Utilize extensive computer skills and programs in all aspects of the job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in departmental staffing processes.
- Participate in project work, workgroups and maintenance of personnel/staffing reports.
- Generate a variety of computer reports and spread sheets.
- Process payroll for a large group of employees including regular, bargained for and temp employees.
- Utilize multi-line phone system in many aspects of the work flow.
- Advise management of trends, concerns and suggested measures to maintain standards and continued improvements.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities and ongoing departmental auditing and self-monitoring activities.
- Exhibit exemplary customer relation skills in interacting with various managers and department staff.
- Complete project work as assigned by manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent and more than 4 years of experience
- Three to five years performing responsible office duties or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with vendor contracts for agency Nursing along with posting, profile review and maintenance of agency placement grids
- Experience with agency staff onboarding and accrual process
- Experience with OneStaff computer scheduling system
- Ability to manage large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of University/Department procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to utilize tracking and follow up skills to monitor and coordinate a large volume of work.
- Demonstrate attention to details. Able to work under pressure when a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/written communication skills
- High level or organization and time management skills
- Two years or more of college education
- Experience with One Staff, Agency posting and vendor contacts
- Critical thinking skills and decision making experience
Days (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM), occasional weekends and some holidays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.