The University of Michigan Domino's Farms Family Medicine, Integrative Medicine and Japanese Health Program Ambulatory Care facility is dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. We are actively seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, patient-oriented Medical Assistant who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for patients, families and employees
The selected candidate must provide exceptional customer service for patients and families in a fast paced Family Medicine outpatient setting. Perform clinical processes the result in the management of efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel in being able to multi-task, patient intake, information gathering, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for procedures, medication management. Other responsibilities include; taking vital signs, injections, EKGs, assisting with procedures, collecting specimens, sterilization/cleaning of equipment, stocking exam/treatment rooms. Selected candidate wlll perform a variety of administrative duties.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Adhere to high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demostrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively independently as well as with a team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Reasonable knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in patient care activities.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in clinic, medical office or other Ambulatory Care setting.
- Competence with computer usage, MiChart, telephone etiquette and other office procedures.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.