- Organizes and prepares lab supplies needed to complete the work
- Maintains detailed and organized records of experiments and results
- Follows safety and good laboratory practices
- Performs cloning, protein expression, purification and analysis
- Maintains tissue culture, runs Westerns and performs toxicity assays
- Operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as FPLC and HPLC
- Performs protein aggregation assays, protein crystallization and data processing
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Temporary job openings are posted for a minimum of 3 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.