How to Apply
UM-Flint Students Only.
A cover letter, resume, and 3 writing samples are required for consideration. Attach cover letter as the first page of your resume. Writing samples can be added as additional pages to resume.
Applications are due by August 11, 2017.
We are looking for highly motivated writers. You need to have a desire to think creatively and journalistically. No experience needed and training will be provided, however a willingness to learn is required. Must enjoy working in a high performance environment.
- Ability to cover student events and other breaking stories along with editorials
- Ability to turn around complex stories on tight deadlines
- Analyze relevant documents; interview high-level regulatory officials and industry executives
- UM-Flint students only
- GPA of at least 2.5
- Unofficial transcripts
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills are essential
- Some travel required
- Must be able to write about meaningful issues and events pertaining not only on a campus level, but a local perspective as well
- Student enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Quick learners with an interest in acquiring the expertise needed to produce premium content for a knowledgeable audience
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.