The Advertising Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the Michigan Times and ensuring that it generates revenue through advertising. Responsibilities include:
- Selling advertisements to local businesses and generating substantial revenue for the paper;
- Ensuring ads are properly designed and placed within the paper or on the paper's website;
- Developing a budget, in collaboration with the Editor in Chief, each semester, and presenting the budget to the Student Publications Board for approval;
- Meeting with and providing monthly reports to the Student Publications Board about the financial standing of the paper; and,
- Exploring other creative opportunities to grow the business of the Michigan Times, including marketing strategies, developing other sources of revenue, etc. in consulation with the Editor in Chief and the Student Publications Board.
Applicants must be enrolled in at least 6 credits at the University of Michigan -Flint and have a grade point average of 2.5 or above at the time of application.
Experience in sales, marketing, selling newspaper ads, etc is preferred.
Previous experience with a student newspaper or other publication is preferred.
Applicants should upload a cover letter and resume as one document.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.