The Pediatric Specialties Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) is the clinical home for children and families seeking care across multiple pediatric subspecialties at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. The primary mission of the ACU is to partner with our doctors, nurses and other providers to deliver excellent care and customer service. We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and self-driven Respiratory Therapist . This individual will share our priorities which include: high quality medical care, excellent customer service, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
- Perform spirometry, plethysmography, diffusing capacity, Broncho provocation, cardiopulmonary exercise testing, six-minute hall walk, and infant pulmonary function testing (IPFT)
- Perform sweat collection and analysis for the diagnosis of cystic fibrosis
- Assist with flexible bronchoscopies in the operating room and in the intensive care units
- Perform environmental Allergy Testing
- Perform annual respiratory assessment/evaluation of patient devices and home respiratory care for families with complex medical diagnoses
- Calibrate, trouble shoot, and perform QC/QA on all test systems and analyzers
- Prepare, process, and distribute reports to patient EMR and testing systems
- NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist licensed in the state of Michigan
- Minimum of two years’ experience in respiratory care
- Strong computer skills/experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability and desire to test and interact with children from birth to adult and their families
- Ability to prioritize work assignment and be flexible as workload changes throughout the day
- Ability to work closely with a small team in partnership and respect, to provide the best care to patients and families
- Ability to work closely and respectfully with faculty and staff
- RPFT or CPFT certification
- Asthma Educator Certification
- Knowledge/experience with EPIC EMR
- Experience working with children in a medical setting
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.