- Performing designated experiments independently as well as in a supporting role using both routine and special techniques depending on experience level.
- Interpreting experimental data.
- Providing assistance in developing and designing research projects.
- Suggesting options for improving quality of research design.
- Performing literature searches and contributing to the writing and preparation of manuscripts.
- Purchase lab supplies/stocking and organizing lab.
- Maintaining lab equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in science with 2 years of prior experience working in a lab is required for either level.
- Expertise with biochemical, cell biological and/or molecular biology techniques is necessary.
- Experience with sterile technique and PCR assay set up is preferred.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.