How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are actively seeking highly qualified candidates who will provide compassionate and exceptional customer service. Candidates should be enthusiastic and patient-oriented individuals who are interested in creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees.
- Forms completion.
- Assists with complex procedures.
- Provides routine but complex instructions for patient procedures and treatments, as delegated by providers and nurses.
- Perform complex specimen collections.
- May assists with complex procedures, requiring knowledge of varied equipment.
- Patient intake (e.g. documenting chief complaint, gather V/S and weight for patients on high risk medications as well as patients being admitted).
- Review and update MiChart as directed.
- Patient follow-up for normal and low complexity test results as directed by provider.
- Assist providers with management of alerts for services due.
- Provide care for patients scheduled on MA schedule (e.g. suture removals, BP or weight recheck).
- Process prescription renewals as directed by a provider.
- Medication administration per delegation guidelines or order for oral meds and injections (acetaminophen/Motrin).
- Various tests and procedures.
- Order clinical supplies and medications.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program and 1 year of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Hours: 40 hours per week.
Days/Shift Hours: Flexibility in scheduling is required.
Variable day shift; Monday – Friday; 8 hour shifts.
May include evenings or weekends based on clinic needs and future expansion.
Department of Dermatology – Taubman Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.