How to Apply
This is a "multiple-fill" job opening:
A total of two (2) full-time, Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for all hires.
(see below for work schedule detail)
Provide nursing care to patients and families in the West Ann Arbor Parkland Plaza Adult General Medicine Clinic.
Perform telephone management, patient education, direct patient care including, but not limited to: immunizations, injections, immunotherapy, chronic disease management and other common clinic procedures/tests.
Provide accurate and timely documentation of nursing care using MiChart.
Collaborate with faculty physicians and multiple house officers to develop and implement clinical standards, methods and tools to improve patient care.
Provides leadership and acts as an internal resource to allied health personnel in the clinic. Has strong knowledge of available internal and external resources for clinical assessment, decision making, and chronic care management.
Assist in maintaining patient flow and supporting clinical assistive staff as needed.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C (B INC).
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent (within five (5) years) nursing experience with adult medicine patients (non-research based), including patient education
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills including verbal, written and conflict management.
- Demonstrated experience in providing chronic care disease management (e.g., diabetes, coronary artery disease, asthma, etc.) with an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the interdisciplinary team, including multiple house officers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize and problem solve with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple interventions simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated accountability for work completion within established time frames.
- Proficient keyboarding skills, and use of electronic medical record documentation
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Knowledge of principles of pain management
- Experience with indigent and/or homeless populations.
- Knowledge and experience dealing with patients with substance abuse and mental health disorders
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership for clinical projects.
- Demonstrated participation in quality improvement and Lean initiatives.
- Experience developing protocols and patient education tools.
Shift/Hours/Days: Monday through Friday; Day shift, variable start times with potential weekend days with expansion.
Location: West Ann Arbor Parkland Plaza- Adult General Medicine Clinic
May travel to other off-site clinics to provide coverage.
West Ann Arbor Health Center- Parkland Plaza Transfer Start Dates
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.